PURPOSE OF POSITION
Assigned to the Distribution Center the Loss Prevention Manager is responsible for the protection of assets while achieving shortage and safety goals. Manages, promotes, and directs all loss prevention initiatives and programs within the assigned area. Implements company-driven shortage and safety solutions.
Provides direction and leadership to minimize operational shortage, mitigate theft and fraud, and maintain safe and secure work environments.
Works with other cross-functional groups to develop and implement solutions that impact shortage losses and safety.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Responsible for the security and safety programs of the Distribution Center including managing a 3rd party security team.
● Provides guidance to the warehouse management and employees on safe work practices including safety materials.
● Oversees warehouse safety and shrink awareness programs including contests and training programs.
● Hires, trains and manages the Cycle Count Team to uncover, record and resolve inventory discrepancies in the Distribution Center.
● Assists Inventory Control with the coordination, preparation and execution of annual inventories.
● Investigates and resolves loss through the use of computer reports, CCTV and other investigative tools as well as reports from Z Gallerie’s POS/Inventory System.
● Identifies and recovers loss through daily refund transaction investigations and provides information on training and compliance opportunities to the DC Management Team.
● Conduct audits and training.
● Interviews persons suspected of alleged misconduct and accident investigation
● Prepare detailed reports of investigations.
● Maintains files and records of all activities and incidents.
● Special projects as necessary.
Education & Formal Training
o Must be over the age of 18.
o High school diploma or equivalent.
o Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly.
o Ability to examine issues both strategically and tactically.
o Ability to carry out detailed tasks and projects with minimal direction or supervision.
o Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
o Ability to maintain confidentiality.
o Excellent oral and written communication skills.
o Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships.
o Half of the day is spent in the office, while the other half is spent in the warehouse.
Experience & Skills
o 4-7 years of experience in exception reporting.
o 4-7 years of experience in physical security, such as alarms and CCTV.
o 4-7 years of safety experience.
o 1-2 years of experience in a management role.
o Proficiency with spreadsheets and the Google Docs/Drives/Spreadsheets
o Experience with OSHA and how the requirement’s apply in a warehouse setting.
● Must be able to safely lift 25 lbs. without restriction.
● Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
● Ability to use and climb ladders and other warehouse equipment such as lifts.
● Professional appearance and demeanor.
● Ability to lift, twist and turn while carrying items.
● Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing and dexterity.