PURPOSE OF POSITION
The VP of Finance & Accounting is responsible for direct supervision of all accounting and financial functions. Primary responsibilities include leadership and direction of sales audit, accounts payable, lease administration and real estate payables, inventory control, oversight of the accounting system and month end closing. The role will have hands on leadership over a team that is responsible for all accounting functions as well as the creation and implementation of policies and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the production of timely and accurate GAAP based financial statements.
- Lead finance team in an efficient and effective annual financial audit.
- Perform cash projections to effectively manage cash balances and maximize the return on any excess cash balances and minimize interest obligations on both the line of credit and long term note.
- Create controls, procedures and approval policies to ensure that the organization is operating in a controlled environment.
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective internal controls that will lead to Z Gallerie being full compliance of Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Direction of all accounts payable processed in corporate office. This includes corporate payables, merchandise payables, real estate/lease and other AP.
- Proper analytical review of the financial statements and the relationship between the balance sheet, income statement and cash flow. In addition, a working knowledge and perspective on their usage as tools for evaluating and managing the business.
- Protect assets by establishing, implementing, and maintaining effective internal controls over all operational areas.
- Ensure that Z Gallerie’s financial reporting, policies and procedures are maintained in accordance with GAAP, FASB and the requirements of other applicable regulatory bodies.
- Manage the key accounting control functions of inventory control, accounts and real estate payables. Supervise consumer-billing functions and ensure A/P payments are processed timely, ensuring account reconciliations are performed on a timely basis (promptly investigating and adjusting as appropriate), and maintaining orderly accounting file system and records control.
- Oversee management of Z Gallerie liabilities including loans, leases, statutory and legal obligations, contingencies and loan covenants.
- Maintain financial staff job results by orienting and training employees. Complete operational requirements by scheduling and supervising employees.
- Engage in the high performance culture of Z Gallerie characterized by high integrity, efficiency, productivity, teamwork, collaboration, innovation and camaraderie, including increasing the financial literacy of the company overall.
- Oversee tax and other regulatory filings.
- Lead the finance and accounting team in any and all system conversions and upgrades. Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company’s value.
- Respond to CFO as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate his financial needs.
Experience & Skills
- 8+ years of experience in the accounting and finance sector.
- 5+ years of experience managing accountants and the accounting/finance process.
- 3+ years in a position equivalent to a controller or higher responsibilities.
- “Big Four” or national accounting firm audit experience is preferred but not required.
- Strong experience in both the private and public sector is preferred but not required.
Education & Formal Training
- Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree in Accounting.
- CPA is preferred.
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly.
- Ability to examine issues both strategically and tactically.
- Ability to anticipate future issues based upon the understanding of related information.
- Ability to carry out detailed tasks and projects with minimal direction or supervision.
- Ability to solve complex situations with a variety of variables in an effective and efficient manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and succinctly in letter, memos and reports.
- Ability to express complex concepts in a clear manner.