PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Stylist Assistant is responsible for assisting styling strategy and execution of all seasonal product looks. This includes working with freelance photographers and working with all cross-functional visual, merchandising and on-line partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with stylist in brainstorm creative for shoots, from sales images to lookbooks
- Collaborate with creative, merchandising, buying and marketing to conceptualize shoots and select product
- Work with Stylist and Art Director to position product and help style photography set.
- Source props and product for shoots as needed
- Help maintain, clean and keep organized and efficient studio
- Prep props for catalog – iron sheets, bed linens
- Photo shooting single item - working with photographer, setting up placements
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Knowledge of commercial studio workflow
- Familiarity with styling and visual presentation techniques
- Possess good organizational skills
Education & Formal Training
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to carry out detailed tasks and projects with minimal direction or supervision. Self Starter is a plus!
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, which includes the use of standard office equipment and mock showroom.
- Accustomed to the intensity of the studio environment
Experience & Skills
- Able to reach overhead, bend, kneel, and carry product, necessary for photography shoots
- Ability to use and climb ladders safely
- Visual abilities include close visual inspection of products and color differentiation
- 1 year experience a plus
- Must have ability to safely lift 75 lbs. without restrictions
- A superb eye for style, visual composition and attention to detail
Equal Opportunity Employer