PURPOSE OF POSITION
The CSR Parts Specialist is responsible for shipping new parts to Z Gallerie customers and stores as well as managing parts inventory from ordering from our furniture vendors to receiving parts in our inventory. This is an entry level position that is unique, in that it requires an individual who is capable of labor intensive warehouse support as well as being able to adapt to an office environment. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to be flexible with regards to daily duties as they change often and will be able to adapt to the changing needs of the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Unpacks and repacks large furniture items as well as small merchandise.
- Orders parts stock from vendors
- Evaluates all new merchandise upon arrival to determine parts availability
- Receives stock and organizes incoming part orders.
- Verifies parts inventory counts by comparing them to physical counts of stocked parts and maintains our Parts Inventory – Google Docs.
- Provides support for our Customer Relations Department and our Retail Stores.
- Manages incoming and outgoing inventory.
- Runs daily reports for shipping out parts to our stores and customers – WSR and HOT program.
- Manages Parts Request Program for our Store Floor Model parts needs – Google Doc Survey
- Packs and ships parts to Z Gallerie customers and stores.
- Finalizes all shipments, enters tracking and records daily transactions.
- Follows up on all requests within 24 hours
- Reads all emails and attends all Department meetings and huddles to keep up with current company policies/procedures/programs.
- All other tasks as assigned.
Education & Formal Training
- Must be over the age of 18.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Ability to take initiative to complete tasks and solve problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships.
- Must be able to concentrate in an intense, fast-paced environment with numerous distractions.
- Able to be around powered industrial vehicles in the warehouse.
- Work is performed both in an office setting and a warehouse environment.
- Warehouse environment can be warmer or cooler depending on climate.
- Flexible to work various call center schedules, including Saturday and Sunday.
Experience & Skills
- Experience with forklifts and/or pallet jacks is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of email and internet programs, Microsoft Office suite is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of digital camera usage.
- Able to safely lift 50lbs. without restrictions.
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
- Able to reach overhead, bend, kneels and carry products.
- Able to twist and turn while carrying items.
- Visual acuity (8-10 hours viewing a computer).