Z Gallerie is an exciting retail store chain that specializes in stylish HOME DECOR & chic furniture at affordable prices. A beautiful catalog, over 72 retail locations nationwide and an E-Commerce site keep Z Gallerie in the forefront as the premier lifestyle brand in the fashion home space. Z Gallerie is a great place work and grow your career!!
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The primary responsibility of the Distribution Center Manager is to oversee all facets of DC operations, which includes department management and personnel in receiving, processing, shipping, clerical support and safety. This includes managing areas such as, scheduling workflow, meeting productivity standards, maintaining material handling equipment, ensure the proper utilization of space and maximizing outbound truck capacity.
- Develops warehousing and transportation strategies for new products and makes appropriate recommendations to senior management.
- Leads internal efforts in developing best practices throughout the distribution and logistics organizations.
- Establishes and measures KPIs to drive performance for on-time delivery, warehouse inventory management, warehousing productivity and quality, and workforce planning requirements.
- Directs staff to cohesively support strategic customer care service objectives, directs facility line-management to enhance staff and team skills and competencies.
- Defines and forecasts needed skills, tools and equipment to meet project objectives.
- Ensures the timely receipt of inbound freight (domestic and import).
- Ensures accurate records of inventory placement and movement are monitored regularly.
- Ensures the proper handling and storage of goods and raw materials for Gallery Mfg.
- Controls cost through accurate and efficient picking practices.
- Continually assesses manpower needs and achieves effective labor planning for the departments to increase effectiveness.
- Maximizes the truckload capacity on all outbound shipments to stores, home delivery agents and customers.
- Devises routes for shipments.
- Monitors progress of major shipments to ensure receipt.
- Ensures warehouse meets all safety standards.
- Oversees Annual Inventories of the warehouse.
- Oversees the maintenance, repairs, or replacements of material handling equipment.
- Collaborates with marketing team to ensure that new products reach the right markets at the optimal time.
- Manages a portion of catalogues disbursement to customers.
- Negotiates contracts and prices on some goods and services.
- All other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work related experience considered.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Distribution Center Management experience is required.
- Must have broad knowledge of warehouse management systems and automated pick systems.
- Must have strong Communication skills – both written and oral.
- Must have strong Interpersonal Skills and the ability to build positive working relationships.
- Above average computer and business systems comprehension and knowledge is required.
- Analytical skills to include planning, organizing, directing and controlling workflow and processes.
- Ability to examine issues both strategically and tactically.
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly.
- Ability to carry out detailed tasks and projects with minimal direction.
- Requires many hours of working in front of a computer and extended periods of telephone work.
- Must be able to safely lift 75lbs. without restriction.
- Must be able to walk/stand for extended periods of time.
What we offer!
- Benefits - medical, dental and vision benefits.
- 401K with a great company match.
- Paid Vacation and holiday pay.
- Great employee discounts.
- Exciting Career growth opportunities!
- Competitive Pay.
We encourage all qualified applicants to submit their resumes to us as soon as possible!