PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Merchandise Coordinator supports and interacts routinely with Buyers, Planners, Accounts Payable, Store Operations, Marketing, outside vendors and suppliers, and customers in the performance of these duties and execution of goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads promotion and markdown coordination, communication, execution and quality assurance.
- Creates and maintains SKUs.
- Submits merchandise for import classification.
- Responsible for purchase order approval submission, spreadsheet maintenance, input and communication with buying team.
- Responsible for the payment submission process to internal AP team and UPS team.
- Supports buyers with various projects that may pertain to assortment planning, product development, sampling, in store and online merchandising and marketing.
- Coordinates samples for marketing team and mock store set ups.
Education & Formal Training
- Associates degree required.
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly.
- Ability to examine issues both strategically and tactically.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Ability to take initiative to complete tasks and solve problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships.
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, which includes the use of standard office equipment.
- More than 30 hours a week is spent sitting in front of a computer.
Experience & Skills
- Office support experience is helpful.
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Requires many hours of working in front of a computer.
- Visual acuity (8-10 hours viewing a computer).
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
Equal Opportunity Employer