PURPOSE OF POSITION
This role will be responsible for strategy, development, design, implementation, communication, administration and governance of Z Gallerie’s health and welfare, life and disability programs and 401(k) plan. This position will be responsible for end to end support and execution of all benefit plan deliverables. In addition, this role will participate in initiatives to enhance benefit program offerings, the employee experience and identify areas to drive greater efficiency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage benefit processes including yearly audit of Plans, 5500s, Open Enrollment Process, and annual benefit plan renewals benefits administration, maintaining enrollment, changes, plan updates and regulatory requirements (including FMLA, FLSA, COBRA, HIPAA, ERISA, etc) including Health and Wellness, Medical/Dental, 401(k), Life and Voluntary Benefits.
- Manage leaves of absence, FMLA/ ADAAA administration in coordination with outsourced leave of absence administration vendor.
- Oversee workers compensation claims and work closely with WC vendor on claim management.
- Work closely with benefits broker, vendors and accounts payable to reconcile and ensure timely resolution of HR vendor payments.
- Spearhead wellness offerings and other value-added benefits initiatives, including coordination for a Benefits Fair, working with benefits vendors to organize EAP workshops, legal resources, and other staff events, as appropriate.
- Develop and maintains resolutions, plan documents, amendments, summary plan descriptions (SPD's), benefits summary outlines, and company-wide benefit communication.
- Coordinate the dissemination of all mandated participant reporting and disclosures, including summary annual reports, summary material modifications, Medicare Part D Creditable Coverage Notice, HIPAA Privacy notice, and Summary of Benefits and Coverage.
- Works with VP of HR and benefits broker on annual renewal, open enrollment, and implementation including plan setup, employee communications and education, and accurate data transfer to carriers.
- Provides administrative oversight of company’s 401k plan.
- Interprets plan documents to resolve employee issues.
- Manages and completes all benefit plan filings as required by ACA, ERISA, HIPAA, IRS, DOL, and others as necessary.
- Remains current on all legislative changes relative to benefit plan regulations and oversees procedures to ensure compliance.
- This position will oversee HR basic reporting and analysis, metrics and compliance processes.
- Updates Benefits and LOA records on shared drives and/or HRIS.
- Updates relevant HR and benefits forms as well as documents on staff intranet.
- Create reports, using the HRIS system, in order to ensure management decisions are based on accurate data
- Audit Benefits enrollments and 401k contributions match vs. Paryoll reports.
- Analyze core data to help develop insights and data-driven recommendations.
- Maintains an organized and logical record HR keeping system to include paper and electronic filing of documents in accordance with record retention guidelines.
- Maintain familiarity with HR policies and concepts and serve as resource to staff and others on HR and benefits issues, as appropriate. Periodically write communication for HR related topics
- Administer employee programs including anniversary and birthday recognitions, charitable contributions program and all other related programs.
- Partner with Employee Relations Manager to handle employee issues when requested and appropriate.
- Provide input about benefits costs and renewal information as well as for the annual HR budget.
- Exercises fiscal responsibility when making HR purchasing decisions.
- Lead or participate in HR projects including project planning, schedule development, configuration, testing, training and change management.
- Design, test, deploy, and manage HR interfaces to meet requirements for internal and external systems as needed.
- Be involved in HR projects; navigate and collaborate across the company with very little guidance.
- Demonstrate honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments.
- Other Duties as assigned – as necessary to achieve the goals of the department and the organization.
Education & Formal Training
- Four (4) year degree in Human Resource Management, Communications, or Business preferred, and five (5) to seven (7) years' prior experience in a human resources manager role with an emphasis on benefits, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to approach work with a process orientation and exercise good judgment
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a high-volume environment.
- Critical ability to maintain confidentiality and handle highly sensitive information.
- Exceptional interpersonal and strong communication (oral and written) and client interface skills.
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, which includes the use of standard office equipment.
- Extensive sitting is required.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a continually changing environment.
Experience & Skills
- Experienced in developing and implementing policies, procedures and corporate wide programs.
- Working knowledge of local, state and federal laws governing benefits and employment laws in order to interpret and apply state and federal statutes and applicable rules and regulations to human resources issues and problems.
- Specific knowledge regarding health plans, 401(k) plans, COBRA, Section 125, HIPAA, ACCAP, annual required compliance, FSA, STD and LTD, FMLA, Section 403(b)administration
- Working knowledge of ACA 1094,1095
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management.
- Experience in a multistate organization with 1,000+ team members a plus.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and financial and project management skills required.
- MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Advanced Excel skills )
- Solid Human Resources Management System experience necessary and UltiPro is a plus
- Solution oriented and pragmatic in decision making and approach.
- A sense of urgency and strong organizational, problem-solving time management and multi-task skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and complex environment; demonstrating strong results and detail orientation.
- Ability to think about programs at a higher, strategic level and ability to switch to producing results as part of a team or as an individual contributor.
- Ability to effectively design, document and communicate processes ensuring that efficiencies are optimized.
- Periodic U.S. business travel required.
- Preferred: SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification and/or Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) certification
Equal Opportunity Employer