PURPOSE OF POSITION
Develop, implement, drive and monitor a targeted segmentation strategies that deliver optimal retention and increased engagement of customers through all channels, including catalog, direct mail, digital marketing, email and in-store marketing initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead customer contact strategy, utilizing intelligence from our customer database & external marketing vendors to further customer engagement
- Analyze customer data and campaign performance to enable recommendations for circulation and segmentation.
- Create actionable reporting framework that identifies the most effective customer channels for engaging with our highest value customers
- Develop strategic lifecycle marketing plans across email, direct mail/catalog & digital campaigns
- Oversee shared segmentation strategy to be utilized in email, direct mail & paid marketing channels to drive consistent 1:1 cross-channel customer communication
- Manage triggered email campaigns: calendar creation, creative briefs, segmentation & circulation strategies, forecast, testing & reporting
- Manage the direct channels (direct mail and paid digital) from end to end: media buying & circulation planning, data optimization, expense management, creative briefing, testing & reporting
- Identify opportunities to improve the effectiveness of our customer communication through new & emerging channels
- Provide analytical support for forecasting of daily/weekly/monthly sales trends & risks
- Clearly & concisely communicate program performance & progress against goals in a cross-functional setting
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Formal Training
- Ability to carry out detailed tasks and projects with minimal direction or supervision. Self Starter is a plus!
- Ability to take initiative to complete tasks and solve problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships
- Ability to express complex concepts in a clear manner
- Ability to express ideas clearly and succinctly in letters, memos and reports
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, which includes the use of standard office equipment
- 90% of day spent sitting in front of a computer
Experience & Skills
- Have 7+ years of digital marketing experience across CRM, Email Marketing, Customer Segmentation & Direct Mail
- Have in-house database management experience as well as experience managing 3rd party vendors/agencies
- Strong quantitative & qualitative analysis skills
- Skilled in working with data at varying levels of granularity and the issues inherent in building data sets across different platforms and systems of record.
- Ability to manage multiple projects of varying complexity and scope.
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Possess excellent communication skills & have the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization from external vendors to senior leadership
- Ability to transform detailed analysis into straightforward summaries for cross-functional partners
- Demonstrated advanced Excel reporting skills.
- Interest in learning about and testing new customer acquisition strategies.
- Experience with other data and analysis tools/languages a plus (Google Analytics, Tableau, etc.)
- Proven capability to build strong partnerships and work with business partners to effectively negotiate priorities and scope of work.
- Ability to gather information and create both business and technical requirement documentation, as well as, drive the requirements process with both technical and business partners.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize competing demands within the team, across work teams and with partners.
- Demonstrated ability to create insightful analytic results and communicate results and methodology effectively with partners.
- Requires many hours of working in front of a computer and extended periods of telephone work
- Visual acuity (8-10 hours viewing a computer).
Equal Opportunity Employer