Z Gallerie is an exciting retail store chain that specializes in stylish HOME DECOR & chic furniture at affordable prices. A beautiful catalog, over 68 retail locations nationwide and an E-Commerce site keep Z Gallerie in the forefront as the premier lifestyle brand in the fashion home space. Z Gallerie is a great place work and grow your career!!
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Store Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining the customer experience, overseeing the operation of the store, and ensuring maximum sales and profitability through merchandise, inventory, expense control and human resources management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a customer focused environment that ensures outstanding service.
- Create a store environment that motivates and recognizes both individuals and store teams to increase retention.
- Lead and inspire team to achieve and exceed financial results.
- Communicate effectively by establishing clear priorities, expectations and relevant information in a timely manner.
- Take responsibility for creating an environment of learning through consistent feedback and selling skills training.
- Ensure performance management is utilized to develop employees and identify poor performers.
- Ensure all Division of Responsibility (DOR) Managers are set up for success and are managing DORs effectively (i.e. furniture, gallery, and accessories).
- Regularly conduct store management and staff meetings, store walk-through and audits, etc.
- Meet appropriate talent needs by effectively networking and recruiting while using available resources and out of the box solutions for talent selection.
- Maintain awareness of area competitors and what defines or sets us apart.
- Understand key performance indicators (KPI’s) and utilize company reports to analyze and create strategic business solutions.
- Manage scheduling and payroll to effectively meet the needs of the business and company expectations.
- Manage and maintain appropriate merchandise stock levels and company visual standards to ensure floor sets and changes meet expectations.
- Identify inventory opportunities and partner with DM and buying department.
- Ensure adherence to Loss Prevention policies and procedures and proactively identify trends that support achieving store shrink goals.
- Lead, uphold and embrace the Z Gallerie Mission and Values statement.
- Exemplify Company Leadership Competencies.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity and uphold all company policies, standards and procedures.
- Represent the company in a professional and positive manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Formal Training
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; High School or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) required
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly
- Ability to examine issues both strategically and tactically
- Ability to carry out detailed tasks and projects with minimal direction or supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships
- Ability to express complex concepts in a clear manner
- Must be able to concentrate in an intense, fast-paced environment
Experience & Skills
- 3-5 years’ experience in retail management, coaching sales associates on sales techniques and operational duties
- Proficiency in Gmail and Google Apps preferred; ability to adapt to additional internal applications
- Ability to work varying hours and schedules to include days, mid shifts, nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to utilize retail POS Systems
- Maintain professional appearance and demeanor
- Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 50 lbs. without restrictions and to participate in processing shipment
- The ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time
- Able to regularly perform store maintenance items: sweep, vacuum, empty trash, clean
- Ability to use and climb ladders safely
Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude and ability to deal effectively with customers, management, employees and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines with attention to detail
What we offer!
- Benefits – medical, dental and vision benefits.
- 401K with a great company match.
- Paid Vacation and holiday pay.
- Great employee discounts.
- Great financial incentives for meeting and exceeding sales goals!
- Company provided short-term disability policy and Life Insurance policy.
- We provide ongoing training on product knowledge and selling techniques.
- Exciting Career growth opportunities!
- Competitive Pay.
Equal Opportunity Employer.