PURPOSE OF POSITION
The primary responsibility of the Director, Distribution and Transportation Operations is to lead the Distribution Center and Transportation areas for Z Gallerie to provide superior customer service while optimizing cost. This role will provide direction for strategic initiatives including optimizing warehouse management processes, ensure efficient and effective service levels from logistics providers, reduce costs and improve internal and external service levels, while fostering a safe and productive work environment. The Director, Distribution and Transportation Operations will be responsible for executing any needed operational infrastructure changes or improvements to support both current and future operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide supply chain operations oversight and direction for the company working with the executive team and senior management teams to support strategic growth and earnings objectives.
- Build solid collaborative relationships with business partners to ensure buy in of processes.
- Establish a continuous improvement culture with transportation and warehouse teams by defining operating standards, ensuring operational excellence, identifying resource constraints and helping to resolve issues through data driven root cause/countermeasure analysis.
- Lead the implementation of a new warehouse management system in two distribution centers.
- Manage budgets throughout the Operations Department to include controlling costs to actuals and implementing operational Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to ensure attainment of business plan for growth and profit.
- Strategically adjusts departments’ activities, policies and practices to meet or exceed key performance metrics and customer satisfaction goals. Actively supports other departments in the achievement of goals.
- Develop annual plan and initiatives to improve performance.
- Provide strategic leadership and direction to direct reports ensuring activities align with business objectives, culture and values of Z Gallerie.
- Develops and cultivates an effective succession plan for direct reports. Develops goals, growth and development plans of direct reports. Provides regular feedback on accomplishments for individuals and teams. Initiate and manage performance correction as needed.
- Provide timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company.
- Other tasks as needed.
Experience & Skills
- Minimum of 15 years of related leadership level experience in Distribution Center and or Supply Chain management.
- Demonstrated experience in leading strategic, transformational operational change.
- Successful implementation of a warehouse management system in omni channel distribution network (retail, e-commerce, home delivery).
- Demonstrated experience in Continuous Process Improvement.
- Logistics experience with import regulations, inter-modal movement and direct to consumer deliveries.
- Solid management and organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects, tactical and strategic planner and solutions focused.
- Ability to collaborate with business partners and build trusting relationships.
- Ability to maintain organizational focus on key business performance drivers and direct the implementation of processes or procedures as needed.
- Ability to balance competing priorities effectively and meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, including company policies and procedures, as well as terms and conditions of supplier contracts.
- Ability to manage P&L, lead development of annual operating plans and budgets
Education & Formal Training
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent work related experience preferred.
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly.
- Ability to examine issues both strategically and tactically.
- Ability to carry out detailed tasks and projects with minimal direction.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Ability to take initiative to complete tasks and solve problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships.
- Work is generally performed within an office and warehouse environment, which includes the use of standard office equipment.
- Minimum of 10 hours a week is spent sitting in front of a computer.
- Requires working in front of a computer, telephone work, many hours walking shop floor and participating in hands-on support of work in the distribution center.
- Visual acuity (8-10 hours viewing a computer).
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
Equal Opportunity Employer