PURPOSE OF POSITION
Visual Merchandisers partner with their District Visual Merchandiser and store management teams to lead and train store staff to ensure full understanding of company merchandising standards, expectations and opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborates with store management to plans and executes seasonal floor moves
- Ensures all merchandise is represented/displayed on sales floor in compliance with merchandising standards;
- Maintains store appearance to merchandising & cleanliness standards
- Assist store management in attaining corporate merchandising and operational objectives
- Achieves company productivity standards for operational processes
- Interacts with customers and co-workers professionally while projecting a positive attitude and a sense of urgency
- Acknowledges and assists customers to maximize experiences
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity, upholds all company policies
- Participates in new store set ups and visual meetings as warranted
- Educates store team on areas that have been remerchandised (specific to sales floor, replenishment, in stocks, and price change processes
Education & Formal Training
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to examine issues both strategically and tactically
- Ability to carry out detailed tasks and projects with minimal direction or supervision. Self Starter is a plus!
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships
- Ability to work flexible hours (i.e., evenings, weekends, overtime) to meet the needs of the business
- Ability to travel, including overnight, as required
Experience & Skills
- Previous visual display experience required, ideally in a retail environment
- Possesses a positive “can-do” and energetic attitude
- Excellent organizational, time management
- Demonstrates passion for style trends in Home, shares enthusiasm and provides an amazing shopping
- Ability to maneuver around the store and stock room
- Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 50 lbs. without restrictions
- Visual acuity
- Able to reach overhead, bend, kneel, and carry product, necessary for customer service, re-stocking inventory, processing shipment and store merchandising
- Ability to use and climb ladders safely.
- Must be able to stand on feet for an eight hour shift
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude and ability to deal effectively with guests, management, employees and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines with attention to detail.