PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Manager of Financial Planning oversees the development and periodic updates of Z Gallerie’s long range financial plan, supporting strategic goals and identifying risks. We are looking for a Manager level candidate to drive the financial analysis and strategic support to the business stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consolidate and analyze the budget, works closely with organizational units to ensure their capital budgets are developed in an accurate manner, and oversee the forecasting process to ensure variances are identified, documented and explained.
- Develop and manage reports for forecasting, sales trends, variance analysis, and monthly financial results analysis, including presentation of financials to senior management
- Create P&L views for key cross-sections of the business
- Collaborate with cost and revenue center managers to monitor budget adherence and ensure good financial decision-making
- Provide guidance to direct report on analyst responsibilities, including preparation of monthly close and journal entries, monthly department-level financials with variance explanations, department-level forecasting and budgeting, and assessment of key business metrics
- Focus on key performance indicators and/or ongoing process improvement opportunities
- Assist with ad-hoc analytical projects
- Other tasks as assigned.
Experience & Skills
- 8+ years of relevant experience in FP&A or related field; the last two of which has been in a management position.
- Experience must demonstrate solid financial planning and analysis skills, as well as analytical, interpersonal and communications skills across all levels of staff and volunteers.
- Experience creating and managing the budgeting, financial planning and forecasting process
- Highly computer proficient, including advanced capabilities with Excel
- Strong ability to plan and organize multiple projects under strict deadlines
- Able to thrive in a dynamic and complex environment
Education & Formal Training
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics or a related field
- MBA/CPA preferred
- Ability to carry out detailed tasks and projects with minimal direction or supervision. Self Starter is a must!
- This position requires the ability to problem solve complex situations in an effective and efficient manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, which includes the use of standard office equipment
- 90% of day spent sitting in front of a computer
- Requires many hours of working in front of a computer and extended periods of telephone work
- Visual acuity (8-10 hours viewing a computer).
Equal Opportunity Employer