The Assistant Planner is responsible for supporting their Dept. financial goals through effective order management. The Assistant Planner partners with the Dept. Planner to support on time issuance of orders, tracks, updates and communicates with vendors/agents on orders in an effort to secure on time delivery of goods in support of Dept. financial goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the creation and communication of purchase orders for a division of business.
- Enter purchase orders into the system and ensure communication of orders to planning, sourcing and agent/vendor.
- Creation of purchase orders for early floor sets and monitor shipping to ensure on time deliver.
- Maintain accuracy of purchase order ship dates and quantities.
- Amend purchase orders and communicate changes to agent/vendor.
- Ensure confirmation of changes with agent/vendor.
- Communicate all changes and cancellations of purchase orders to sourcing/agent/vendor.
- Maintain log of all purchase order confirmations and cancellations.
- Follow up with agent/vendors as needed.
- Ensure accurate shipping dates of purchase orders by monitoring the sourcing exception reports and by communication with the agents/vendor and sourcing.
- Maintain communication and adjustment log of all orders and monitor status of production from the sourcing group.
- Work with planner to monitor sales and inventory levels and adjust purchase orders accordingly to drive sales and profitability.
- Support Planner in other projects as appropriate.
Education & Formal Training
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly.
- Ability to carry out detailed tasks and projects with minimal direction or supervision.
- Ability to take initiative to complete tasks and solve problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships.
- Communicates openly and directly; accepts responsibility and champions ideas despite challenges.
Experience & Skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent Excel skills and ability to adapt to new tools and processes.
- Excellent skills in communication, retail math, Word and Excel.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with strong analytical and decision making skills.
- 1-3 years of Retail Planning experience
- Requires many hours of working in front of a computer.
- Visual acuity (8-10 hours viewing a computer).
- Professional appearance and demeanor.