PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Distribution Associate will be utilized for various duties within the Distributions Center including, Shipping, Receiving and Picking Product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Loading of merchandise in the Shipping and/or receiving areas.
- Assist in palletizing on Receiving dock and unloading trucks when needed
- Make sure Trailer/Container is chocked prior to loading.
- Use proper material handling equipment to load merchandise.
- Verify the proper merchandise is being loaded via the Color indicators used on the merchandise or merchandise pallets.
- Place merchandise on Outbound Trailer / Container carefully, properly and safely.
- Repack any merchandise that requires such handling when necessary.
- Prepping for Inbound Returns
- Ability to operate order picking equipment to perform receiving duties
- Scan and Place new receipt and/or Back to Stock merchandise into proper storage location accurately and safely.
- Shipping and Receiving accuracy
- Report quality issues when found.
- Assist in conducting physical inventories as required.
- Assist in palletizing on Receiving or Shipping docks.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Safety, Sanitation, Security: Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety.
- Comply with OSHA and MSDS Standards.
- Special Projects and tasks as necessary.
Education & Formal Training
- High School or High School equivalent diploma.
- Must be over the age of 18.
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Ability to follow directions thoroughly and efficiently.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships.
- Work is performed within a warehouse environment, which includes the use of standard warehouse equipment.
- Must be able to concentrate in a fast paced environment.
- Must be comfortable around powered industrial vehicles at the warehouse.
- Warehouse environment can be warmer or cooler depending on climate.
Experience & Skills
- Must be able to complete a Company forklift training program and be able to operate warehouse equipment.
- Must be able to read and count accurately, as well as do basic math (divide and multiply).
- Must be able to safely lift 50+ lbs repeatedly without restriction.
- Must be able to bend/stoop repeatedly (20+times/hour)
- Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to follow directions thoroughly.