PURPOSE OF POSITION
To Oversee and Guide the Store Distribution staff on a Daily basis while ensuring the outbound shipments are scheduled, processed, shipped, and audited in a timely manner and/or ensuring inbound processes are effectively demonstrated while maintaining and applying all company standards and policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees Outbound and Inbound Scheduling, Planning and/or Receiving processes.
- Oversees documents for accuracy and completeness including reconciliation and auditing (i.e. Shipping Bill of Ladings, Loading sheets, Shipping Manifest, Picking Sheets etc.)
- Utilize daily reporting to identify and track processes.
- Oversees Communication of Shipping to Stores or to third parties, Picking discrepancies and inconsistencies daily.
- Oversees compliance to Company’s Material handling, documentation and safety standards for all areas of the Distribution Center.
- Oversees Compliance to the Company’s Merchandise Picking, Put Away, Identification and Shipping standards.
- Responsible for enforcing timekeeping policies and procedures.
- Responsible for Area House Keeping standards.
- Responsible to ensure compliance the Company’s HR policies and Standards
- Responsible for Material Handling Equipment maintenance through Crown Complete Maintenance.
- Responsible for Incident and Accident reporting in a timely and complete manner.
- Answer emails and incoming phone calls in a prompt, timely and professional manner.
- Data Entry / Microsoft Excel & Word
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Safety, Sanitation, Security: Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety.
- Comply with OSHA and MSDS Standards.
- Special Projects as necessary.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education & Formal Training
- A High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Ability to carry out detailed tasks and projects with minimal direction or supervision. Self Starter is a plus!
- Ability to identify discrepancies in reports and determine root cause of issue.
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to concentrate in an intense, fast-paced environment with numerous distractions
- Warehouse environment which can be warmer or cooler depending on climate
Experience & Skills
- Good organizational skills
- 3 years of experience preferred
- Requires ability to rapidly and constantly lift large and heavy packages and boxes and to perform a continuous process of loading and unloading large boxes throughout a scheduled shift
- Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 50 lbs. without restrictions
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stretch, engage in repetitive motions, push, pull and carry items for a short distance