PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Customer Service Assistant Manager is responsible for providing helping the Customer Service Manager and Director ensure the department personnel is providing proactive, world class customer service while meeting productivity goals. This position requires strong multitasking skills and the ability to handle complex customer service issues. In addition, the Assistant Manager will help manage the day to day operations of the fast paced Inbound and/or Outbound teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with the department’s scheduling process to meet business needs.
- Ensures accountability to the customer service performance standards.
- Participates in talent acquisition including reviewing applications, conducting interviews.
- Contributes to the CSRs performance management, development and/or coaching and counseling process.
- Assists in the management of new hire onboarding training and continuing education for CSR’s.
- Process team or department timesheet adjustments and payroll submission.
- Takes an active leadership role to assist with managing turnover.
- Leads by example by providing a positive and resolution driven leadership approach during employee interactions.
- Maintains positive professional relationships with all retail store teams, corporate partners and staff.
- Assists in the management of Inbound and/or Outbound CSRs to ensure a customer first philosophy.
- Acts as a point of contact for issues from the customer service team regarding internal processes and procedures.
- Serves as an escalation point for critical customer service issues and resolutions including social media, BBB, Yelp, etc.
- Takes an active role in workload planning and volume forecasting.
- Maintains Customer Service metrics and adhering to established performance standards.
- Reports on key areas of customer support performance and assists in the evaluation of current reporting tools and performance measurements and makes continuous improvements as needed.
- Works with senior management in development of short and long term business and strategic plans and organizational structure within Customer Service department.
- Troubleshoots and resolves non-routine process issues.
- Assists in the deployment, management and maintenance of the ticket system and other Customer Service technology.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education & Formal Training
- Degree preferred; High School diploma
- Retail and/or Furniture experience a plus
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly.
- Ability to examine issues both strategically and tactically.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Ability to take initiative to complete tasks and solve problems.
- Outstanding problem solving and quick decision making skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships.
- Ability to express complex concepts in a clear manner.
- Able to read, write and speak English.
- Requires many hours of working in front of a computer and extended periods of telephone work.
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, which includes the use of standard office equipment
- Flexible to work various call center schedules, including Saturday and Sunday.
Experience & Skills
- Minimum 3 years of experience in customer service management.
- Proven success in motivation and leadership.
- Detail oriented, excellent listening skills, patience and ability to handle a fast-paced customer service
- Demonstrated verifiable high level of success in customer service management (minimum of 3 years) with direction supervision responsibility (minimum of 2 years).
- Must be able to set priorities and manage time effectively.
- Must be able to learn and operate ticket system such as SharePoint, EOM (enterprise order management), and telephone systems.
- Intermediate business insights / reporting skills with tools such as Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets and PowerPoint
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Visual acuity (8-10 hours viewing a computer).
- More than 30 hours a week is spent sitting in front of a computer.
- Extended periods of telephone work.