The Assistant Site Merchandiser will play a critical role in the development and execution of Z Galleries site experience that meets the company's business objectives and delivers a seamless customer experience. This person will act as a business partner between the Creative, Marketing, Content and Buying teams. Strong communication and organization are keys to succeed in this role.
- Visually merchandise category pages to ensure products are displayed in correct order to optimize conversion. Work cross-functionally with buyers/planners to be aware of product investment needs.
- Working with our content team, build new curated sorts for content stories with direction from their manager.
- Perform detailed QA for all email, desktop/mobile updates, promo codes and make appropriate call outs before deployment.
- Manage and Maintain integrated marketing calendar for homepage updates ensuring it’s the most up-to-date location for business partners to reference.
- Work with ecommerce team to improve site usability and conversion rates using analytics, while identifying opportunities to innovate the business with a heavy emphasis on mobile.
- Build & manage timelines in project management system.
- Backup for Web Operations Manager in publishing website changes / promotion codes across all devices.
- Additional projects as-needed.
- Customer focused: improves the customer experience while maintaining brand vision.
- Deals well with ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change & shift gears comfortably.
- Can make effective decisions without always having the total picture.
- Adaptable: Learns quickly, relentlessly curious, takes risks & experiments, enjoys the challenge of the unfamiliar.
- Time management: Knows how to prioritize effectively to spend time on what is important and will drive the business
- Problem solver: Uses facts and logic to find solutions.
- Extremely detail-oriented and results-driven.
- Communication: partners well cross-functionally. Is able to work with a variety of people in multiple settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
Bachelor's degree required.
1-3+ years of proven success in retail/site merchandising/marketing.
Exceptional time management and organizational skills including the ability to meet external and internal deadlines is required.
Team player able to work effectively and collaboratively across all departments to meet goals and deadlines.
Project Management Experience a plus.
Knowledge of home furnishings a plus.