Retail Sales Associate/Part-time Retail job
Z Gallerie is an exciting retail store chain that specializes in stylish HOME DECOR & chic furniture at affordable prices. A beautiful catalog, over 68 retail locations nationwide and an E-Commerce site keep Z Gallerie in the forefront as the premier lifestyle brand in the fashion home space. Z-Gallerie is a great place to work and grow your career!!
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Sales Associates are responsible for generating sales by delighting our customers in all interactions, maintaining store/visual presentation and adhering to operational standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet, engage, and determine customer’s needs in the store to ensure we create a customer focused environment that ensures outstanding service.
- Take pride in achieving personal selling goals and contribute to the store achieving monthly sale goals.
- Embrace quarterly Division of Responsibility (DOR) and take pride in educating self in all product knowledge.
- Maintains store appearance to merchandising & cleanliness standards.
- Positively and proactively help solve problems for our customers and balance multiple customers in a fast-paced retail environment.
- Influence customer buying decisions, by communicating information about the quality, value and style of product.
- Utilize retail POS Systems.
- Contribute to build and maintain a positive morale in store.
- Maintain a positive, upbeat and energetic demeanor.
- Actively participate in store meetings and training sessions.
- Promote a strong sense of teamwork by working together safely, effectively, respectfully and efficiently with all associates.
- Protect Company assets by ensuring adherence to all Loss Prevention procedures.
- Uphold and embrace the Z Gallerie mission and values statement.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity and uphold all company policies, standards and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Formal Training
- A High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) preferred
- Ability to examine issues both strategically and tactically
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A part-time or full-time hourly non-exempt position working in stores
- Ability to work varying hours and schedules to include days, mid shifts, nights, weekends and holidays
Experience & Skills
- Previous retail experience preferred
- Proficiency in Gmail and Google Apps preferred; ability to adapt to additional internal applications
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- The ability to be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time
- Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 50 lbs. without restrictions
- Able to regularly perform store maintenance items: sweep, vacuum, empty trash, clean
- Ability to use and climb ladders safely
- Requires ability to perform repetitive motions (i.e. hanging, folding, ringing up customers, etc.)
What we offer!
- Benefits – medical, dental and vision benefits (for full-time employees).
- 401K with a great company match.
- Paid Vacation and holiday pay.
- Great employee discounts.
- Great financial incentives for meeting and exceeding sales goals!
- We provide ongoing training on product knowledge and selling techniques.
- Exciting Career growth opportunities!
- Competitive Pay.
We encourage all qualified applicants to submit their resumes to us as soon as possible!