PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Cashier will provide customer service by processing customer orders in an efficient, accurate, safe and courteous manner at check out.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness with an emphasis on fast, friendly customer service.
- Operates POS equipment such as a cash register and scanner to process customer orders.
- Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques.
- Processes monetary transactions (i.e., giving and receiving change, etc.) including cash, checks, gift cards, processing coupons, and refunds.
- Maintains knowledge of current product location, and ensures proper pricing.
- Maintains clean, neat and properly stocked register and ensures safe and secure work area.
- Stocks, prices and rotates merchandise.
Education & Formal Training
- A High School diploma or general education degree
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Experience & Skills
- 1 year cash handling experience required
- Requires standing for long periods of time
- Requires ability to perform repetitive motions (i.e. ringing up customers, etc.)
- Visual acuity (8-10 hours viewing computer or POS)
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Repetitive arm, wrist and hand motion