Z Gallerie is an exciting retail store chain that specializes in stylish HOME DECOR & chic furniture at affordable prices. A beautiful catalog, over 68 retail locations nationwide and an E-Commerce site keep Z Gallerie in the forefront as the premier lifestyle brand in the fashion home space. Z Gallerie is a great place work and grow your career!!
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Assistant Manager will assist the Store Manager in establishing and maintaining the customer experience, overseeing the operation of the store, and ensuring maximum sales and profitability through merchandise, inventory, expense control and human resources management. This role is a developmental opportunity in preparation for a Store Manager position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a customer focused environment that ensures outstanding service.
- Promote a store environment that motivates and recognizes individuals and fosters an environment of learning through consistent feedback and selling skills coaching.
- Partner with Store Manager to lead and inspire team to achieve and exceed financial results.
- Problem solve customer issues as a leader in the store.
- Lead and embrace the Ops Division of Responsibility (DOR) as the Assistant Manager and provide quarterly Division of Responsibility (DOR) results updates.
- Support the management team in driving results by effectively networking and recruiting while using available resources and out of the box solutions for talent selection.
- Understand key performance indicators (KPI’s) and utilize company reports to analyze and create strategic business solutions.
- Partner with Store Manager to manage scheduling and payroll to effectively meet the needs of the business and company expectations.
- Partner with the Store Manager to ensure that all merchandising and operational directives are completed timely and accurately.
- Ensure adherence to Loss Prevention policies and procedures and proactively identify trends that support achieving store shrink goals.
- Uphold and embrace the Z Gallerie Mission and Values statement.
- Exemplify Company Leadership Competencies.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity and lead by example to uphold all company policies, standards and procedures.
- Represent the company in a professional and positive manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Formal Training
- A High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) preferred
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to express complex concepts in a clear manner
- Retail store environment
- Must be able to concentrate in an intense, fast-paced environment
Experience & Skills
- 1-2 years previous supervising experience, specialty retail preferred
- Established time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Gmail and Google Apps preferred; ability to adapt to internal applications
- Ability to work varying hours and schedules to include days, mid-shifts, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to utilize retail POS System
- Maintain professional appearance and demeanor
- Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 50 lbs. without restrictions and to participate in processing shipment
- The ability to be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time
- Able to regularly perform store maintenance items: sweep, vacuum, empty trash, clean
- Ability to use and climb ladders
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude and ability to deal with customers, management, employees and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines with attention to detail
What we offer!
- Benefits – medical, dental and vision benefits.
- 401K with a great dollar for dollar company match!
- Paid Vacation and holiday pay.
- Great employee discounts.
- Great financial incentives for meeting and exceeding sales goals!
- Company provides short-term disability policy and Life Insurance policy.
- We provide ongoing training on product knowledge and selling techniques.
- Exciting Career growth opportunities!
- Competitive Pay.