Z Gallerie is an exciting retail store chain that specializes in stylish HOME DECOR & chic furniture at affordable prices. A beautiful catalog, over 68 retail locations nationwide and an E-Commerce site keep Z Gallerie in the forefront as the premier lifestyle brand in the fashion home space. Z Gallerie is a great place work and grow your career!!
PURPOSE OF POSITION
As a member of the Creative Team, the Graphic Designer is responsible for helping to develop and design the brand's retail graphics, collateral and image. She/he will work on a variety of ongoing projects including in-store signage, promotional signage, tagging, marketing materials, packaging and product development. She/he will create designs mostly for both print and will be highly skilled at working in collaboration with Brand Design Manager, merchants, field associates and various department from the beginning of a project through completion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Understands the Z Gallerie brand and the application of its look and feel for consistency across channels. Maintains overall appearance, consistency and point of view.
· Collaborate with senior designer, creative team and merchandising with on-brand graphic solutions to build a superior customer experience.
· Strong sensibilities and understanding of typography, layout, color theory, and command of design principles.
· Works collaboratively with members of the Z Gallerie marketing team, design team and photo studio while ensuring timely project completion.
· Researches, identifies and shares current industry design trends and competitive reviews as they relate to the brand.
· Ensures that our creative assets remain cutting edge and steps ahead of our competition by monitoring trends in fashion, home furnishings and related areas of marketing.
· Actively participates in meetings and design critiques.
· Ability to take creative direction and work independently as well as collaboratively in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
Education & Formal Training
o B.A. or B.F.A in graphic design
o Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly.
o Ability to translate strategic intent into compelling design concepts
o Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
o Thinks big and is always looking for the next idea.
o Excellent oral and written communication skills.
o Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships.
o Ability to express complex concepts in a clear manner with all levels of management.
o Work is generally performed within an office environment, which includes the use of standard office equipment.
o More than 30 hours a week is spent sitting in front of a computer.
o Must thrive in a deadline-driven work environment.
Experience & Skills
o 3 - 5 years experience related experience in fashion, home or other retail environments
o Advanced software proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite products including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
o Ability to work in a fast paced environment juggling multiple projects, maintaining schedules and meeting deadlines.
o Experience with designing for both retail packaging and print and an understanding of the printing process and procedures