PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Order Picker is responsible for correctly identifying, safely picking merchandise from its indicated storage locations and staging them accurately and efficiently as directed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates order picking equipment to perform picking duties.
- Inspects order picking equipments assigned at the beginning of the shift daily.
- Reports any issues found immediately to supervisor.
- Places the picked merchandise on a pallet.
- Places completed pallet in corresponding dock location.
- Picks accurately.
- Repacks any merchandise that requires such handling as necessary.
- Reports quality issues when found.
- Assists in conductiong physical inventories as required.
- Assists in palletizing on shipping dock and loading trucks when needed.
- Maintains a clean, neat and orderly work area.
- Assists in maintaining the safety, sanitation and security of the warehouse.
- Conducts operations in a manner that promotes safety.
- Complies with OSHA and MSDS standards.
- All other tasks as assigned.
Education & Formal Training
- Must be over the age of 18.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Ability to take initiative to complete tasks and solve problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships.
- Able to read, write and speak English.
- Work is generally performed in a warehouse environment.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- Warehouse environment can be warmer or cooler depending on climate.
Experience & Skills
- Completed Z Galleries forklift training program and be able to operate an order picker.
- Must be able to read and count accurately, basic math (divide and multiply) and write legibly.
- 1-2 years of order picking experience.
- 1-2 years of experience using an order picker/cherry picker.
- Must be able to safely lift 75+ lbs repeatedly without restriction.
- Must be capable of sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Requires the ability to rapidly and constantly lift large and heavy packages/boxes, performing a continuous process of loading and unloading large boxes.
- Ability to use and climb ladders.
- Requires the ability to constantly reach with hands and arms, ocassionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.